Please get rid of the schutzstaffel logo

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM

This logo resembles too much to the schutzstaffel logo, I 'm not even certain it is allowed in some countries. 

If you do not understand what I mean , just google it.

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM

While your reason for the insensitive logo is clear, it makes your project far less useful; I was looking for something I could send to a client to install to manage the config file for my SSIS package, but of course this logo completely prevents that.  The fact that the client could change it after installation doesn't help at all; it's not professionally feasible to send this to a client. 

As a result I have to download and modify the source and recompile, which is still easier than rebuilding the project from scratch - but please consider removing this for future users!

Aug 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM

To anyone interested, to bypass the logo problem I've downloaded the code and just removed that entire section, and made a few more improvements along the way.  Once I've finished testing I'll upload as a new project, which will effectively be a fork (although TFS projects don't actually forking so it will be a separate project).

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I'll consider removing the logo as it appears to be abusing all the people, Perhapse it will be better if you can coordinate with me in the same project and update it with your new improvements and new logo :) , and i'll update the screenshot in my turn.

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Sounds good to me! Add me as a dev and I'll merge my changes in, if you like.  The changes were:

- I added a description of each setting (pulled from the 'description' property in the settings file) and display it to the right

- I removed the entire top section, since the checkbox seemed to be unnecessary, and I didn't need a logo at all; do you really need to run it in non-variable mode?

- I generecised the 'About' box

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Thanks a lot for participation and collaboration, i've added you to the project

the checkbox isn't necessary, i just added for developers who export the entire configuration file.

Thanks again for your help. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM

No worries!  Take a look at the code I just checked in, and feel free to tweak if I missed anything.  It will need a bit more testing (for example I don't have an indirect environment variable set up on my current machine), but it works for me.  To get the descriptions to display, you just have to export the description property of the variable in BIDS when you create the config file - it adds a lot of usability in my opinion, since I no longer need to document the config file for clients.  It makes the whole thing self-documenting.  Note that I didn't have time to delve into what the edit box is for (at the top in the panel) - but it can go if it's not needed.

Here's a screenshot of the descriptions:

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Thanks a lot for your contribution, i will check and download your edits, Sorry for late reply and Thanks again

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:43 PM
Lose the logo.